On 15 December 2020, the sixth in a series of so-called Anti-Crisis Shields, also known as the Industry Shield, was published in the Journal of Laws.
The new regulations are aimed at around 40 sectors, including retail, food and services, transport and culture.
Enterprises whose main activity fell under a specific code of the Polish Classification of Activities (PKD) on 30 September 2020 can take advantage of the following solutions:
- Subsidy of up to PLN 2,000 per month towards the remuneration of each employee for three months.
- Exemption from paying social security contributions.
- Subsidy for micro- and small enterprises of up to PLN 5,000 to cover their running costs.
- One-off standstill allowance of PLN 2,080.
Changes in medical examination
The new regulations also modify the regulations on the medical examination of employees. In particular:
- They extend the suspension of periodic examinations to 180 days after the end of the epidemic.
- They add positions for which preliminary examinations will not be necessary, provided that the employee has a current medical certificate stating that there are no reasons why he/she should not work in the given position.