WEBINAR RECORDING: European Court invalidates US data protection Safe Harbor – what does this mean for business?
In response to overwhelming demand, please see below for a link to our webinar discussing the implications of the landmark Safe Harbor ruling by the European Court of Justice, which was held last Thursday, October 8, 2015. Our data privacy professionals discuss the ruling, its impact and what it means for you and your organization.
Please access the webinar recording on our DLA Piper IPT Webinars page.
The webinar addresses the following questions:
- What did the Court hold in its decision?
- Which companies will be affected?
- What is the current status of data transfers under Safe Harbor?
- What other methods of transferring data to the US are available?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?
- What are the next steps that Safe Harbor-certified organizations should take?
- What should Safe Harbor organizations do about EU data already transferred to the US?
- What lines should organizations take with customers and others?
- How might this crisis be resolved?
- Patrick Van Eecke, Partner, DLA Piper, Brussels, Belgium
- Jim Halpert, Partner, DLA Piper, Washington, DC, US
- Carol A.F. Umhoefer, Partner, DLA Piper, Paris, France
- Thomas Jansen, Partner, DLA Piper, Munich, Germany
- Andrew Dyson, Partner, DLA Piper, London, UK