EU-US Safe Harbor-certified companies and their customers are realizing that – barring the emergence of Safe Harbor 2.0 by January 31, 2016 – in most situations they will need to rely on European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses (better known as Model Clauses) to transfer personal data from the EEA to the US.
Please see below for a link to our webinar discussing EU Model Clauses do’s and don’ts. This webinar was held on Monday, November 30, 2015.
Please access the webinar recording here.
Our Data Protection, Privacy and Security team have many years of experience implementing data transfer arrangements based on Model Clauses and cover concerns such as:
- Selecting which Model Clauses to use
- When Model Clauses can’t be used
- When Model Clauses will need to be supplemented
- Hidden risks in the Model Clauses
- Other actions you may need to implement when adopting Model Clauses